Help for Students

Crisis Resources

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800) 273-TALK (8255)

California Youth Crisis Hotline (800) 843-5200

Domestic Violence Hotline (714) 992-1931

Domestic Violence Assistance Program (714) 935-7956

Human Options 24hr Domestic Violence (877) 854-3594

HIV/AIDS Hotline (800) 367-AIDS (2437)

LGBT Center OC (714) 953-LGBT (5428)

Sexual Assault/Rape Crisis Hotline (local) (714) 957-2737 or (949) 831-9110

Sexual Violence 24hr Hotline (national) (800) 656-HOPE (4673)

The Trevor Project 24/7 hotline: 1-866-488-7386

National Child Abuse Hotline (800) 422-4453

Women’s Transitional Living Center (714) 992-1931

Elder/Dependent Adult Abuse Hotline (800) 451-5155
*Seniors and disabled adults only

Social Services Referrals Call 2-1-1


The College recognizes the legal right of faculty to set standards of performance and to apply them to individual students. Therefore, the instructor is the final authority in determining grades that are assigned to students and that appear in their permanent academic records. Students have the right to inquire how their grade was determined. Students have the right to have someone accompany them throughout the process. The following procedures apply to changes of grades except for changes of Incomplete (I) and Withdrawal (W) grades.

  1. In general, all course grades are final when filed by the instructor. Students have access to view their final grades on myGateway after the course ends. These grades become a part of the student’s official record.
  2. Students have the right to formally appeal the final grade in a course. Students have the right to have someone accompany them throughout the process. As per California Education Code Section 476224(a), when grades are given for any course of instruction taught in a community college district, the grade given to each student shall be the grade determined by the instructor of the course and the determination of the student’s grade by the instructor, in the absence of mistakes, fraud, bad faith, or incompetency, shall be final. Appeals are limited to situations in which the student believes the grade is prejudicially, capriciously, or arbitrarily assigned.
  3. A request for grade change should be initiated by the student within the next regular semester, but no later than two years, following the award of the original grade.
  4. If the instructor determines that there is a valid basis for the change, a Request for Grade Change form shall be completed by the instructor in the Office of Admissions & Records.
  5. If the instructor determines there is not a valid basis for the change and denies the student’s request, the student may proceed to the appeals process.

The appeal form must be directed to the instructor of the course and a signed copy maintained by the student. If further action is necessary, the student should present the written complaint to the Division Dean, and if necessary, the Vice President of Instruction. (Students are referred to the college’s Student Complaint Procedures as stated in the catalog and available at division offices.) Once the grade appeal request has entered the formal process, it cannot be resolved informally.


As outlined in the college catalog, students who wish to file a complaint must follow the Student Complaint Process.  Student Complaint Form


The student shall resolve the issue directly with the faculty or staff member directly involved. Students who are uncomfortable speaking to the faculty or staff member have the right to have someone accompany them throughout the process.


  1. It is the student’s responsibility to initiate the formal complaint process. The college has a legal responsibility to deal directly with the student. The designated complaint forms will be available in division offices.
  2. The student should contact the appropriate division/area office to initiate the formal complaint process. A signed complaint form should be addressed to the Dean or Director of the division/area.
  3. If the student feels the issue is not resolved at the division/ area level, or if the complaint concerns the Dean or Director, the student can ultimately contact Fullerton College’s Vice President of Student Services or the Vice President of Instruction. Both offices are located on the first floor of Building 100.
  4. The student will be notified in writing after each formal step using the designated student complaint form.


Students are expected to respect and obey civil and criminal law and shall be subject to the legal consequences for violations of the city, county, state, and federal law(s). Students are also required to adhere to the NOCCCD Board Policy and college regulations and procedures. As cited in BP5500, “A student who violates the standards of student conduct shall be subject to disciplinary action including, but not limited to, the removal suspension or expulsion of the student.”

The standards of student conduct and disciplinary action for violation of Board Policy 5500 were approved by the NOCCCD Board on January 28, 2003, with the last revision approved October 25, 2016, to be in compliance with Sections 66300, and 66301 of the State Education Code and ACCJC Accreditation Standards.

Refer to the Fullerton College catalog for Standards of Student Conduct and Discipline Policy.

Contact Us:

Phone (714) 992-7089

Dr. Elaine Lipiz-Gonzalez
Dean, Student Support Services & Title IX Coordinator

Rachel Roschel
Administrative Assistant III

Graciela Galaviz
Student Services Specialist